Modern Podiatry has been and continues to be fully committed to providing you quality service in an environment that minimizes your risk of infectious disease.
We now have a virtual visit should you wish to schedule a remote visit. Modern Podiatry has always maintained the high standards of care when it comes to cleaning our office and exam rooms. We wanted to share our protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment.
We always clean each room between each patient with germicidal wipes. All tools used are sterilized and autoclaved after each use. Single use items are disposed of properly. The floors are vacuumed and cleaned with germicidal products.
- The lobby is vacuumed and our surface areas are wiped down every evening with germicidal wipes.
- Hand sanitizer is available for patients at the front desk.
- Dr. Blakeslee and staff have a strict hand-washing protocol after each patient.
- Dr. Blakeslee and the staff will no longer extend a handshake to patients as well as practicing other social distancing measures.
- Dr. Blakeslee and staff will not be routinely wearing a face mask as it is not recommended due to its ineffectiveness in prevention of COVID-19. Dr. Blakeslee dons a face mask when doing procedures on your feet when required, as he has always done throughout his 20-year career.
If you are feeling sick, please call to reschedule your appointment. Other measures you can take to limit your exposure:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your coughs, preferably with a tissue that is disposed of.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20-seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If there are questions or concerns, please call us at 732-833-6888.
CDC's website on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html